From all the Biscotti flavors I had, by far this is my favorite. I love pistachio, and anise gives a sweet aroma and adds an exotic taste.
Having my morning tea, followed by a bite from this delicate, crunchy, and delicious biscotti, brings a sense of calmness.
How do you like your biscotti?
Before sharing the recipe for the delightful biscotti, allow me to share my experience with my new friend from Takeya, The Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker.
I am busy most of the time and need a lot of energy, so to boost my metabolism and keep me going, I choose the green tea. It’s high quality and tasty tea, unlike the bitter green tea we usually find in the market.
I had fun with my tea, since I can add flavors to it. I added chopped fresh mint, slices of fresh orange, I had it with sage, but it was refreshing on its own too.
In the summer just add as much ice as you want and enjoy drinking your tea anywhere and at anytime. In winter skip the ice and enjoy a healthy and delicious drink that will keep you hydrated all the time.
If you’re not fond of drinking water, then this product is for you.
Takeya has variety of premium whole leaf teas, pick your favorite, and enjoy!
Takeya is giving away 2 quart Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker and Fresh Green Whole Leaf Green Tea, to one reader of MunatyCooking.
To enter this giveaway:
Like Takeya on Facebook.
Follow Takeya on Twitter.
For multiple entries, subscribe to my channel on Youtube
This giveaway is for USA residents only.
Wait! There is one more good news. You can win Flash Chill Iced Tea Party Package simply by attending Takeya’s Twitter Party held on April 16th. Please read below to find out more.
Join Takeya for an Iced Tea Twitter Party on April 16th via @TakeyaUSA and #TakeyaIcedTeaParty from 530pmPST/830pmEST to 630pmPST/930pm EST. We’ll be sharing our favorite iced tea tips, recipes and much more. At the end of the party, one lucky winner will be selected to win a Takeya Flash Chill Iced Tea Party Package.
The Winner is Heather Abbe.
Pistachio and Anise Biscotti
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pistachio whole
- 1 tablespoon anise seeds
- In a bowl, sift or whisk flour with baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl add the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, and anise seeds, beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Add the pistachio and mix well.
- Transfer the dough to greased baking pan, or just line a parchment paper.
- Wet your hands with cold water and press down the dough giving it a triangle shape which should be 1/2 high.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Take the biscotti out and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the biscotti into slices, the thickness really depends on how thick or thin you like your biscotti to be.
- Arrange the biscotti cut side down. Bake for 5-7 minutes, then turn the biscotti to the other side and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the biscotti to a rack and let it cool completely.