I can’t tell you how many versions of Kebabs, I have tried in my entire life. The Iranian versions, Arabic, and of course countless Indian versions. Since I mentioned that I have to say that I’ve enjoyed all of them so far.
Today I’m sharing an easy but flavorful version, these tender and juicy kebabs can be served with white rice, Indian bread, or even have it in a sandwich.
This recipe is a life saver, if your guests decided to stay for dinner and you wanted to serve them something exotic and cooked in less than an hour, then try making these kebabs, they’re prepared in 10 minutes and the grilling takes another twenty.
- 400gm minced beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon back pepper
- Less than 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or ketchup
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 180C – 356F.
- In a bowl add the beef.
- In different bowl mix together the olive oil, black pepper, salt and red chili powder.
- Add previous mixture to beef along with rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Divide the beef into four parts.
- Shape into a log and place on baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Using your pinky finger, press on the log to make four horizontal indentations.
- Bake or grill for 25 – 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven or off the grill and immediately cover with aluminum foil to keep it moist.
- It is best served warm with Indian Bread Paratha.
Wait a minute! Dreamfarm would love to giveaway one set of their product Chobs to one winner, from MunatyCooking readers. -Chobs raise your chopping board so you can use both sides of one board, leaving you less to wash up and your benches or counter tops clean.
-Chobs expand to fit onto almost any thickness of chopping board.
-Chobs grip to make any chopping board non-slip.
-Coloured icons let you know which side of your board to use for meat or vegetables, keeping surfaces hygienic and preventing cross-contamination.
-Dishwasher safe. Premium-grade silicone is heat resistant to 260°C/500°F.
To Enter this giveaway:
Like Dreamfarm on Facebook.
Follow Dreamfarm on Twitter.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to get new recipes in your mailbox and amazing giveaways.
This giveaway is open to US Residents only. End date is Feb 7, 2013.