When it comes to scones, I can come up with hundreds of recipes. And how do I do that you ask? Simple, scones are cake and muffin’s cousins (just kidding) but in reality you can add any flavor used in cakes and muffins.
Today I was actually craving sticky date pudding, but don’t have much time on hand, so I ended up with adding dates in my scones.
Dates are energy boosting fruit and I love to have some with my coffee whenever available. When I added the dates to my scones it made them softer from the inside and in every bite I could taste a small piece of date.
It’s a great breakfast, it tastes good and healthy for you. Talking about health there is one more thing I’d like to share with you.
Lemon Water On-the-Go from Full Circle Home. This product is great to have if you are looking to follow a healthy lifestyle, it will always remind you to have your lemon water. I like the design of the bottle, since I can have a good grip when holding it. The soft base allows me to place the bottle on any surface without the fear of scratching or breaking it.
I usually have my lemon water plain, but at times and to add more benefit I add a teaspoon of honey. Other times I add some mint after tapping it with the back of a spoon since this release the oils in the mint.
If working out, then I add a small piece of ginger, this boosts the metabolism even more. But if you want to taste the real deal, add some raspberries.
Storing and cleaning this product is no fuss.
Here are some benefits of drinking warm lemon water especially in the morning:
Helps in digestions, it is believed that drinking a cup of lemon water early morning and before breakfast actually help in aiding your digestion and clearing the liver.
If you want to have clear skin, lemon water can aid in achieving that, since it is full of vitamin C and other antioxidants, which helps in ridding the body and the skin from toxin, and will delay the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Losing weight is not easy but did you know that drinking lemon water suppress the appetite, and lessen your cravings for food?
Lemon water can boost your immune system, being rich in Vitamin C lemon water can help in reducing symptoms of cold. Drink some to reduce chest infection, it also reduces fever.
And let’s not forget that lemon water allows you to have fresh breath.
1 lucky winner will get this amazing product. To enter all you have to do is, leave a comment below after you:
Like Full Circle Home on Facebook.
Follow Full Circle Home on Twitter.
For multiple entries you can like Munatycooking on Facebook, follow my tweets, or subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to get new recipes in your mailbox and amazing giveaways.
This giveaway is open to US RESIDENTS ONLY. End date is Feb 2, 2013.
The Winner is Cynthia R.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2½ tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter (cut in small cubes)
- ¾ cup hot milk
- 4 tablespoons pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 180C - 350F.
- In a bowl add the pitted dates and hot milk, keep them aside for 5 minutes. This will soften the dates.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar to the previous mixture and mix well. Use this mixture only after it's cold.
- In a different bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt, whisk to combine.
- Add the butter to the flour and using a fork or a wooden spoon mix in the butter, until you get bread crumbs like mixture.
- Add the date and milk mixture, to the flour and butter, using a fork mix gently. Don't over mix.
- Place the dough on lightly floured surface, gather the dough to form a ball, then press it down to ½ an inch disc.
- Cut into triangles, place on baking sheet and brush with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool.
- Enjoy with butter or jam, personally it tastes great on its own.