I tend to do yoga, which is my favorite workout, and drink plenty of coffee. Something tells me these two don’t go together, but it’s what helps me deal with unfinished daily chores.
At other times, I choose to load myself with energy potions. I’m not talking magic potions here, but recipes that make my body feels healthy and pampered from inside!
Super duper ingredients like nuts, oats, and yogurt combined, can become energy boosting breakfast, or a hearty dessert, and you win both ways.
If you’ve been following my blog, you’d know that although I love cooking, I wouldn’t spend much time in the kitchen. The recipe I’m sharing with you needs little time, natural ingredients, and the best part is, you can prepare it in advance.
Today is one of those days when I take in all the goodness I can get. Yogurt is the star here. Of course, you can make your own by following my recipe of homemade yogurt, or why not take it a step further and add probiotic-enriched milk to your diet?
Now, let me show you how to bring awesomeness in to your breakfast.
- 1 cup quick oats
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons walnuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons pistachio chopped
- 3 tablespoons almond chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder (you can use less or more.)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins (should be added when Granola is done and out of the oven.)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Melt butter with honey and sugar in the microwave.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well.(except raisins)
- Pour the mixture in slightly greased baking pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take out the pan and stir the mixture. Return to oven and bake for another 4 minutes.
- Now add the raisins and mix again, and you are done.
- Mix honey with plain yogurt. (sweetness depends on your taste)
- Make layers of yogurt and granola.
- Top it with chopped fruits or more nuts.
You now know my secret, and I’d love to know yours. Share what you do, eat, or drink to keep that energy flowing