When I’m in an Italian restaurant, Tiramisu is the dessert I order 99% of the time. I’ve never made the authentic Tiramisu recipe before, I’m not comfortable with eating raw eggs. So when I’m at the restaurant I assume that it’s eggless, or the eggs are cooked, I have to convince myself in this way, since I only knew about the raw eggs after falling in love with this beauty.
In my version I use homemade custard and it tastes quite the same as the authentic one. Then I discovered faster, eggless, and delicious way of making it.
You know how sluggish summer can make you. Therefore, to avoid spending much time preparing a dessert, I present to you Instant Tiramisu.
Now, don’t indulge too much here, moderation is required.
1/2 cup cream cheese
5 tablespoons condensed milk
4 tablespoons heavy cream
3 drops vanilla
1 cup coffee
Your favorite chocolate bar to shave on top
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese, heavy cream, condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Dip ladyfingers in coffee, for few seconds but don’t get them soggy.
- Align half of the ladyfingers in a serving dish.
- Spread half the cream mixture on top of it.
- Add another layer of soaked ladyfingers and cover with the rest of cream mixture.
- Shave the favorite chocolate bar on the cream using a grater.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.