Mango Ice Cream – Eggless and Effortless

mango ice cream 1
It’s so hot, it’s actually boiling outside. Smoothies and ice cream are all I and my family can think of. I, my sister, and our kids worked on a special project in the kitchen, kind of a surprise to the rest of the family, and came up with something very easy and sweet.

mango ice cream 2

It’s absolutely heavenly I’m not bragging but this ice cream  tastes really good, specially if the mango was fresh.

If you don’t like mango I guess your favorite fruit will do, just be careful with the sugar, since some fruits are sweeter than others.

1 1/2 cup fresh mango cut in cubes
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
4 tablespoons sugar (How much sugar you use depends on how sweet your mango is)

– Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend for two minutes.
– To have a very smooth ice cream run the mixture through mesh strainer after blending.
– Pour the mixture in ice cream molds or a plastic container, cover properly.

– Leave in the freezer for an hour, take it out and mix, then freeze it again. Do this three times.
– If you have an Ice cream maker, just follow the instructions provided by the ice cream maker.

* To serve the ice cream, take it out 5-8 minutes before serving, this will make scooping it out easy.
* If pouring this ice cream in Popsicle, just freeze the ice cream for three to four hours, un-mold and enjoy.
********** This post was updated  *********

10 Comments on Mango Ice Cream – Eggless and Effortless

1. Butrcreamblondi
    16/08/2011 at 2:46 pm (4 years ago)

This looks perfect!! I must make this soon!!

2. Munatycooking
    18/08/2011 at 10:07 am (4 years ago)

I hope you like it :)

3. Victor
    19/08/2011 at 5:53 pm (4 years ago)

I didn’t that there were eggs in ice cream, I always make ice cream without egg. Well, I guess I just learned something new today.

I just publish a recipe with mango. Mango is such a refreshing and sweet fruit. Love it. Have a nice weekend!

4. Munatycooking
    19/08/2011 at 7:00 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Victor, Ice cream that have eggs are very creamy and rich, I like this version better. Just checked your blog, Good post :)

5. Sandra
    21/08/2011 at 10:11 pm (4 years ago)

I love the fact that you used fresh Mango and that you don’t need ice-cream machine. I can’t wait to try this version..thank you for the awesome recipe..I am now drooling over your pictures:))

6. Munatycooking
    22/08/2011 at 2:38 am (4 years ago)

Hey girl, the same happens to me every time I visit your blog :)

7. Admin
    25/08/2011 at 5:06 pm (4 years ago)

Mango ice cream is one of my favorites. I think you have inspired me to dig up the ice cream maker out of the basement and start up a batch. It looks so good. Thanks for the post!

8. Munatycooking
    25/08/2011 at 6:09 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for your kind words, I hope you like it :)

9. withoutadornment
    21/09/2011 at 12:15 am (4 years ago)

This looks absolutely fantastic – every time I see it on Knapkins I vote for it because it looks so good! Is this ice cream really smooth or is it a bit more ice-chunky because you’re not using an ice cream maker?

10. Munatycooking
    21/09/2011 at 2:07 am (4 years ago)

Welcome to my blog Bean! Yes this Ice Cream has a smooth texture, when you freeze it, you’ll notice that it will get harder than normal ice creams, since it has no eggs, but following the tip I gave at the end will make scooping it easy. It tastes really good and I hope you give it a try.
    I liked your blog, the pictures are beautiful :)