My first experience at the succulent taste of veal was through this dish at an Italian restaurant.It tastes great with grilled or steamed vegetables. One thing you have to keep in mind though, this dish should be served immediately if you want to reserve its juiciness and fresh flavor.
ESCALOPE AL LIMONE
- 2 veal escalope
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place the escalope on a board, cover it with plastic wrap, and beat with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it's ¼ inch thick.
- Mix flour, salt and black pepper together. Dust the veal escalope with this mixture thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a hot pan, melt the butter with oil, fry the escalope on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until it's golden. Remove and set aside.
- Take 1 teaspoon from the flour and mix it with the oil remaining in the frying pan, then add the lemon juice. Stir well to avoid lumps. Return the escalope back to the pan. Make sure the sauce is covering the escalope from all sides. Turn off the heat and serve.
* How you like the meat (rare, medium, or well done) is a matter of personal
preference. 4 – 5 minutes will make you a medium rare escalope.